Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there any hope left for me? (first time poster - sorry it's long)

Default Re: Is there any hope left for me? (first time poster - sorry it's long)

Hang in there! I have many of of the same problems you have. I got a hospital grade pump, domperidone, fenugreek, etc. The thing that works the best for me is getting the baby to latch and pumping all the time for as long as you can. My LC told me to come to terms with giving up, but I started out getting less than half of an ounce (both breasts combined) and now I can pump about 2-2.5 oz per pump and 3-4oz in the middle of the night. Like you I started out with mostly formula, but now I use mostly breastmilk. It's hard work, but I know it's worth it. You can do it if you commit to it.

Default Re: Is there any hope left for me? (first time poster - sorry it's long)

You NEED to pump more. If you want to breastfeed, you need to be pumping every 2 to 3 hours. After you put the baby to the breast. Babies drink about 24ish ounces of milk a day. Most of what your baby is getting is formula. Your supply will not magically bounce back when your MIL leaves. You have to remove milk from your breasts to tell them to make some more.

You can do this. We can support you through it. But you need to pump often.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months