Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 years!

Default Re: 2 years!

Way to go mama! I'm right behind you, we're at about 21 months nursing now... hoping to make it to 2 years!
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

very inspiring, mama. well done.

happy birthday to you both!
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking baby BOY #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    Happy 2nd birthday to my little girl! My long term seemed-so-impossible goal was to nurse her for 2 years. Our first year was incredibly difficult (many of you know our story) with a 5 month nursing strike, posterior tongue tie, low supply, poor milk removal and pumping 8-10 times a day so she could get enough.
    Our 2nd year was completely different as I had significantly decreased pumping (only 1-2 times a day then completely done by 15 mos), she was done with her nursing strike and really liked to nurse.
    She now nurses 2-4 times a night and about 5 times during the day. She has made up so many words for nursing and I am so so so thankful we persevered even when it was really tough.

No plans to wean in the near future but just celebrating her birth today and also 2 years of mommy's milk!

Thank you all for the support here, you helped us get where we are today.
    Congratulations for making it 2 years! You were one big inspiration of mine during our own difficult time of similar causes: posterior tongue tie and incorrect suckling unknown by all those hospital LCs that just looked from the outside, which caused low supply.

Do I sound very crazy saying I'm jealous your girl is still nursing several times during the night?

Happy birthday to your daughter!

Do you mind me asking you a question? Are you completely confident in your nursing relationship now? Do you ever fear you may lose it? Again I may sound very crazy but the truth is I went through the feeling like I almost lost our nursing relationship early on, and it has never completely left me. I've never feel 100% relaxed. I'm also obsessed with low supply, ever since. And it's been 1.5 year already, and my daughter's 21 months old already...

First time, SAH mom to my precious daughter born October 2009
    Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*irismom View Post
    Congratulations for making it 2 years! You were one big inspiration of mine during our own difficult time of similar causes: posterior tongue tie and incorrect suckling unknown by all those hospital LCs that just looked from the outside, which caused low supply.

Do I sound very crazy saying I'm jealous your girl is still nursing several times during the night?

Happy birthday to your daughter!

Do you mind me asking you a question? Are you completely confident in your nursing relationship now? Do you ever fear you may lose it? Again I may sound very crazy but the truth is I went through the feeling like I almost lost our nursing relationship early on, and it has never completely left me. I've never feel 100% relaxed. I'm also obsessed with low supply, ever since. And it's been 1.5 year already, and my daughter's 21 months old already...
    Not completely crazy but a little because I am so tired and would be pretty excited if she decided to night wean. Then again, yeah I am glad she likes to check in and she does love her nummies so much.

I don't think I'm worried I'll lose it. I was pretty nervous around 13-16 months because I self weaned at 13 mos and my mom told me that she offered quite a few times and I just didn't want to nurse any more. So I guess I was worried that after all that work she'd wean just when it got less difficult. Now though, she talks about nummies so much, she asks to nurse very frequently, it's the best thing for her when she needs comfort or just is tired. Even just throughout the day she'll pat me and say "soft pats for the nummies." And in a way, she has nursed 2 years, we want to get pregnant pretty soon and I'm worried about nursing and being pregnant just because I've heard of some women having quite a bit of pain nursing during pregnancy. (and yes I've had friends who tandem nurse and had very very few problems pregnant nursing so I know it's not painful for everyone).

I do think about low supply even now, though, and am pretty relieved when I hear a swallow. I still eat brown rice more than not because it really helped my supply early on. But she does eat so many foods and drinks plenty of water so I know at this point she is getting more emotionally from nursing than she is physically.

Great job on nursing your daughter 21 months! She'll be 2 before you know it!
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.