Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Curious if this happens to other mums....

Default Curious if this happens to other mums....

Hi Mommies!

I have a question. My dd is almost 13 1/2 months and eats a little bit of solids during the day and bfs about 6-7 times in a 24 hour period... Anyways lately she will nurse for a few minutes on one breast and then she stops and acts very fussy/crabby like she is done, but as soon as I put her up to the other breast she nurses happily... Does this happen to any other mommies?? It's not like she drained the first breast cause she usually only sucked for a few minutes... I'm just wondering why she may be doing this... She doesn't do it every time we nurse and she sometimes will go back to the first breast after she nurses on the second one... Tonight before bed I fed her on the left then she got fussy after a few mintues and then I fed her for awhile on the right and then I moved her back to the left side (cause I wanted her to get more milk from that side... hehe...) and she drank for awhile and then fell asleep... Just wondering if anyone has any similar experiences and opinions why... Thanks!!!
    Mommy to Savannah Joy
    6-7-10

Default Re: Curious if this happens to other mums....

One possibility is that she doesn't want to work for it, usually your milk will let down with a faster flow and once it slows down she gets fussy and wants to switch sides to have the fast letdown or fast flow again.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

My son does that, too. In his case, it is that he likes the faster flow and wants that to continue. Once he's taken the edge off, though, he's more content to settle for the slower flow.
    I breast milk fed my Blossom for fifteen months (after exclusively pumping for thirteen). My Bud (nineteen months) is still nursing directly (after a rough start that included a few months of pumping and supplementing with mommy's milk).

TwoDewdrops: Nursing Dresses and Tops for Discreet Breastfeeding (and Pumping)

Thanks for the quick reply. :-) I'm online and I keep trying to get a picture by my profile name. Can you tell me how to do this? I went into my profile and have a pic all set up and you can see it if you click my llli name, but otherwise you can't see it... Also I was wondering how you can get the cute little pics like of the moms bfing with your signature??? Thanks!!!
    Mommy to Savannah Joy
    6-7-10