Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: bottle or sippy cup?

Default bottle or sippy cup?

I have an interview this week (wish me luck!) my DS is almost 5 mo and has never taken a bottle. He loves to drink sips of water out of my glass. Should I even try to get him on a bottle now? or should I go straight to a sippy cup? & Any ideas on how to teach him to use the sippy cup?

Default Re: bottle or sippy cup?

It's really up to you. At five months, I'd probably go with the bottle first and save the sippy as a backup plan - that's me, though.

Good luck on your interview!
    Elizabeth, mama to Lillian - 10/03/10

I would probably do the bottle too. I'm not sure how to teach babies how to drink out of sippy cups. My older daughter still hasn't figured those out - and she's 2.5. She likes the straw cups, although she mostly drinks from an open cup...

I gave my 6 month old one of the straw cups to play with the other day and she actually drank water out of it!! So, it's probably not that hard to teach them how to use those.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

he can drink from an open cup too, maybe we'll stick with that? grammy will be watching him so she can take her time with feedings

I would just do whatever works. If he'll drink from the open cup, and he's happy and she's happy, I think that's great. And it won't interfere with nursing!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months