Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend your breastpump

Default Re: Recommend your breastpump

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babycomit View Post
    Medela is not the end all be all breast pump everyone thinks they are. There are perfectly good pumps well under $200.

I've not used the Lansinoh mentioned earlier, but I have used the Ameda Purely Yours for both of my children. It's never given me trouble. Easy to keep clean too because of the closed milk collection system. So, basically it's a safer, more compact, cleaner, and cheaper pump than the Medela's. Why oh why does everyone think Medela is the "bees knees"?

Good marketing I guess.

I've posted this before, but it's still good info: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/b...pping-tips.htm
    I've used the lansinoh and Ameda, and i think the medela PISA is much better than either. Everybody and every boob is different though, so some of that is certainly personal preference.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

There are also these ones, which are not terribly expensive but I've heard good things about:
    http://www.baileymed.com/

and there's a few moms here who have used this one:

http://www.hygeiababy.com/

and have been super happy with it.

When I decide to stop super-pumping and turn back the hospital grade pump, I've toyed with the idea of getting one.

She would have to research prices on these.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I use the Ameda, and while it works just fine, it makes the most annoying beeping as it is pumping. I bought it because I used the Ameda Elite hospital grade pump and had extra parts that were compatible with it.

I have never used a Medela, but know a lot of women who really like them. I was thinking of getting one, but am not sure I could really justify that purchase.
    I'm Sarah. Mom to Emily (1/27/05) and Jack (12/29/10)
    Wife to Joshua (3/6/08)
    We and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babycomit View Post
    Medela is not the end all be all breast pump everyone thinks they are. There are perfectly good pumps well under $200.

I've not used the Lansinoh mentioned earlier, but I have used the Ameda Purely Yours for both of my children. It's never given me trouble. Easy to keep clean too because of the closed milk collection system. So, basically it's a safer, more compact, cleaner, and cheaper pump than the Medela's. Why oh why does everyone think Medela is the "bees knees"?

Good marketing I guess.

I've posted this before, but it's still good info: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/b...pping-tips.htm
    I read this a few days ago and didn't respond but was just thinking about it and thought I'd mention that Medela was the only major company that made large enough flanges for me. I started out with an Ameda pump, but their largest size was too small (30 mm). I switched to a Medela just to get the 36 mm flange. (I later discovered pumpin' pal flanges which work on a variety of different pumps, but that was months into my EPing journey.) Sure, Medela markets well, and a lot of women can successfully use other brands of pump, but I'm grateful to a company that doesn't believe that one or two sizes fit all.
    I breast milk fed my Blossom for fifteen months (after exclusively pumping for thirteen). My Bud (nineteen months) is still nursing directly (after a rough start that included a few months of pumping and supplementing with mommy's milk).

TwoDewdrops: Nursing Dresses and Tops for Discreet Breastfeeding (and Pumping)

i love my hygeia enjoye
    Jenna, momma to Lillian (1/1/11)
    Cosleeping, cloth diapering
    milk donated to date: 3182 ounces