Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing enough?

Default Nursing enough?

Hi ladies,
    My LO is 8 weeks old and has been only waking usually 1x - 2x at night (sleeps from 8-3 or 4 then up every 2-3 hrs). She will not nurse if sleepy or I've woken her up. During the day she nurses every 2-3 hours and does a lot of cluster feeding in the evening leading up to bedtime. If I try to wake her for a dream feed, she won't eat. Output seems good and weight has been good but has only been sleeping these longer stretches recently. We have her 2 month check up this week so we'll see what her weight gain is. I'm just worried (as usual). Does this seem normal to you? She is happy and looks great!

I didn't have this issue with my DS since he nursed every 2-3 hrs around the clock until he was 12 1/2 mos!!

Thanks, ladies!

Default Re: Nursing enough?

Sounds normal to me! Enjoy the sleep while you can, I'm sure your LO will change it up!
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

My DS did the exact same thing, and I remember being worried too. Like previous posters have said, if output and growth are both good, you don't have to worry. I'm sure your 2-month appt. will ease your mind. Enjoy it while it lasts; when Joey turned 4 months, he went back to waking up often. He still wakes up at least once a night, and he's 13 months old now.

sounds great! We weren't lucky enough to have those long stretches at night, but I wouldn't change what's working, especially if diaper output is good and she's satisfied.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

Thanks ladies! We have a peds appt tomorrow so we'll see how weight gain is. She seems happy, healthy and satisfied to me!

Thanks for your support, ladies. My LO gained 17 oz in 3 weeks which is perfectly within the realm of normal. I'm going to finally relax now and trust that she knows what she needs!