Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 2 Questions 1. Aunt Flow 2. babybed Sidecar

Default 2 Questions 1. Aunt Flow 2. babybed Sidecar

My first question is how soon after EBF is Aunt Flow supposed to return my LO just turned 3 months and besides for the first week she has recieved no supplement or bottles. I feel like it is to soon and just worn out and the day before I started LO at night has just started screaming and crying and cannot be consoled. Which is completly new and very odd behavior!

Second Question is I have heard people making their own sidecar thing for their bed to put baby in using their crib. Do you just push the crib to the bed how do you get it to stay connected and do you just take off one side of the crib.

TIA

Default Re: 2 Questions 1. Aunt Flow 2. babybed Sidecar

1. Your menstrual cycle may return at any time. Some breastfeeding moms will have their cycles back very early, only a few short weeks or months postpartum. Others will go months and months before their cycles return. And still others will have their cycles return only after they wean. Many moms will see their cycles resume when the baby starts sleeping longer at night. The longer prolactin (the breastfeeding hormone) levels are low, the more estrogen levels will rebound.

2. I have never heard of the home-made sidecar crib. I honestly wouldn't use any sort of side-car arrangement unless the sidecar was firmly connected to the adult bed. Too much risk of a gap forming, allowing the baby to fall in and suffocate.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I've heard of sidecars with cribs, I think the idea is to have a sheet that you spread the long way across your bed and over the crib mattress. I'm not sure how secure it is thought and haven't heard how well it works. I agree with PP, be really careful that the bed and crib are firmly connected so no gap forms.

someone here has a link about the sidecar crib I've seen, I think its andrea hopefully will post it

eta: I found the link

http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/
    Last edited by @llli*oakdryad5; July 18th, 2011 at 11:13 AM.
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

1. Everyone is different with the return of AF. Some people get it right away and others don't for a long time. I didn't get mine back until DD was 18 months, so it just kinda depends on your body!

2. We tried the sidecar crib thing, but it didn't end up working for us personally. You take down the drop side part of the crib and then you adjust the crib so the mattress is at the same level as your bed. You hook bungi cords on the crib and pull them under your mattress and hook them on the opposite side's handles. There will be a gap between your bed and the crib, so I think we put blankets between the edge of the crib and the crib mattress to keep it still and against our bed, but other people use the high density foam (I think that works a lot better). I tried looking for a picture of ours, but I can't find it. If I find it I will post it so you can see what it looked like!
    Ayna ~ born 10/22/09
    Still and despite the controversy of society!

sidecar crib.jpg
    This is how we did the sidecar crib, but as you can see, she never slept in it! At the same time we put a twin mattress in her bedroom with an extra long bed rail on it and it worked much better.. Everyone is different though, and we had to try a lot of different things before we figured out what worked best for us!

bed.jpg
    Ayna ~ born 10/22/09
    Still and despite the controversy of society!