Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: possibly loosing my supply??

Unhappy possibly loosing my supply??

My son is now 20 weeks (4 1/2 months), and I have been back at work now going on 2 1/2 months. Over the last week or so I have noticed that my supply is slowly dwendling. I feed him in the morning before I go to work (6am), then I pump on my breaks (9,11 & 2) and then I feed him as soon as we get home around 4pm. I used to get 4 good oz every time I pumped, now I am getting about 2 1/2. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong or what I can do to boost my supply. I have been taking Fenugreek now for 2+ weeks.

Default Re: possibly loosing my supply??

Welcome to the forum. Your baby is very cute I`m sorry that you are dealing with supply issues. My baby is only 2 mo, and I`m a stay at home mom, so I don`t have too much to offer.One thing I`ve read on this forum from pp in your situation is that they used their weekends to just nurse their babies to build up their supply. The more baby nurses the more milk you will have. Also, babies are infinitely more effective at removing milk than pumps. I pump next to nothing, but my baby is growing well.
    So, if you are free on your weekends, just take your baby to bed and nurse, nurse, nurse.
    Hope someone will soon give you some more advice.
    Peace
    Last edited by Naomi1979; November 2nd, 2006 at 06:16 PM.

Mommy to a busy toddler

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain that which he cannot lose."
    Jim Elliot