Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When did you introduce water?

Default When did you introduce water?

I did when he showed interest (around 9 months). I'd let him drink a little from my cup. Around 10 months, I started giving him water at meal times because he'd stare at me like "Why aren't you sharing?" while i was drinking water Now that he is 11 months, i offer every now and then, in addition to meal time, because it's super hot and humid outside. What about you?

Default Re: When did you introduce water?

When we started solids - offered a cup with water with meals.
    Didn't do much water besides at meals probably until after LO were 1 yo. After 12 mo I was more likely to offer water at other times, especially if I didn't want to bf at that moment.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

same as Lynn - i think I started giving her access to a cup of water whenever she wanted soon after one.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

When they could open the fridge, and pour the water into a cup. they all drank there fair share of bath water before then.
    I just re-read what I wrote and it sounds a lot awfuller than I meant it to be.
    I did not make a conscious effort to ever give my kids food or drink until they were way past baby-age, and fairly self motivated.
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair

i only give water if i absolutly have to, like this one time i walked to walmart to go grocery shopping, and luna was starting to fuss on the way home, well its not like i oculd wip my boob out in the middle of the street lugigng things like milk and frozen pizza (i dont have a car or license) so i took my gaterade, and pourd a small bit in the lid and gave it to her that way... i would also share soetmies small amountd of juice im drinking, but never a lot all the time. ive shown her theres other things to drink than mum mums, but not all the time./
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

Around 7 months I'd give her a sippy with ice cubes in it and she'd sip the melted water and play with the cup like a rattle.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    Around 7 months I'd give her a sippy with ice cubes in it and she'd sip the melted water and play with the cup like a rattle.
    I like that idea!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Our LO is so funny, she hates her sippy cup...but reaches for the glass and although messy, she loves to sip water...what a sight it is, I've never seen anyone so excited about water and a glass!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bubs.mum View Post
    Our LO is so funny, she hates her sippy cup...but reaches for the glass and although messy, she loves to sip water...what a sight it is, I've never seen anyone so excited about water and a glass!!
    My DD is the same way! Can't stand the sippy but always wants to drink water from my cup!! So funny to see a 9 month old mooching my water :-)
    I'm Melanie

First time mom to my sweet baby girl born October 2010
    Still
    We full-time and love it!