Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumpin' Pals?

Default Pumpin' Pals?

Anyone ever try these? If so, what do you think of them? Are they solely for comfort or do they help increase output?

Thanks!

Default Re: Pumpin' Pals?

Never used them but the picture where the woman appeared to be pumping while her shirt was on made me giggle.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

i have never tried them but i think they look great. I watched the video and it makes a lot of sense. So much about pumping does seem archaic. I hate bending over and I always stare at the nipples being sucked in just at the tips and I wonder if there is a better way.

The company seems dedicated to women nursing, if you get all the way to the end of the video he says "pumping is hard"... yes it is. and they seems to not only appreciate that but also want to make it easier so babies can get breastfed longer.

I am going to give the package a try myself. I'll let you know how it goes. thanks for bringing it up.

i have never tried them but i think they look great. I watched the video and it makes a lot of sense. So much about pumping does seem archaic. I hate bending over and I always stare at the nipples being sucked in just at the tips and I wonder if there is a better way.

The company seems dedicated to women nursing, if you get all the way to the end of the video he says "pumping is hard"... yes it is. and they seems to not only appreciate that but also want to make it easier so babies can get breastfed longer.

I am going to give the package a try myself. I'll let you know how it goes. thanks for bringing it up.
    I agree 100%! I just wasn't sure if anyone had tried them because I'd hate to pick them up and not be happy with them. I may just give them a try too. Good luck to you!!

I bought them. And I HATE them. The milk seems to, about half the time, leak back and down my front and not go in the bottles. I end up bending over further with those than with regular horns. I tried all the sizes, different angles, everything, and they don't work for me. They are my super spare horns now. If I get really stuck, I'll use them. But I quit putting them in my bag for sure...nothing worse than PIPing the first place, and then getting nothing for my efforts, and possibly having counted on having that milk that's now all over my clothes...yeah.

Try them, and hopefully they work for you. I didn't find them more comfortable than regular horns, but maybe you will.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I have them and also don't really like them. They certainly don't yield more milk for me. In fact, I think they yielded a little less because of the leakage issue.
    Tiffany

BFAR to Little Man born 5/4/11

Also Momma to Little Princess born 8/22/07

UGH! Maybe I won't try them. I don't need anything to make this process any more annoying or difficult. Thank you both for telling me about your experiences with them!

I don't have the horns, but I do have the strap. I like how small it is; this makes it easy to carry in my pump bag. It is very fast to put on and double pump with it. I am not a typical size (32G), so I had a hard time finding a hands free bra that worked well.

They are almost the only flanges that I can use. I have very large nipples, and other flanges kept rubbing the underside so painfully that I was desperate. I found pumpin' pals about six months into my exclusive pumping experience, and using them helped my nipples heal a bit. The angle worked well for me and also reduced some of my back pain.

I won't say they're perfect. Quite frankly, my output was probably the same, but pumping took a bit longer with the pumpin' pals, I think. I use breast compressions while pumping, and my flanges were so huge, it was harder to do. At the same time, they were what I needed. Every so often I would switch to my Medela 36 mm flanges, and one session would go okay, and the next session I would know that I had hurt myself again.

The pumping strap is a great idea, but it didn't work for me. I guess I just needed the extra pressure of a pumping bra to help, and when I'd do compressions with the strap, I'd lose suction.

If you buy the package, can't you return it if it doesn't work for you? If the website doesn't say that, I'd call and ask. I've talked to the owner of the company a couple times, and they were helpful with information and generous. (I think because I was unsure about what size according to their directions, I bought one size and they threw in another size for free.)
    I breast milk fed my Blossom for fifteen months (after exclusively pumping for thirteen). My Bud (nineteen months) is still nursing directly (after a rough start that included a few months of pumping and supplementing with mommy's milk).

TwoDewdrops: Nursing Dresses and Tops for Discreet Breastfeeding (and Pumping)

don't think im going to try them then...