Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: injured boob and cows milk

Default injured boob and cows milk

When DS was born we had a really rough start BF, it was like a beware of what you wish for kind of thing. FIrst of all, my MIL gave him some formula when he was a few days old cause she FF and was certain my milk wasnt enough, so he got used to the bottle and I wished hed latch... and when he did it was only to nurse for 3-6 hours straight, I felt so guilty about keeping him hungry that I just let him and he got used to it. I was told having a newborn wa the easiest part of it all by a lot of ppl who FF, that it just gets harder and harder as they grow up. I had a very different experience, yes, it got harder in some ways but easier in others as well, and overall things were alwas gettin easier, until he turned one. Sleeping is rough, but I manage, I cant eat in peace but I can take that, dressing him up, bath time and oh God changing diapers is hellish but still it has to be done, the clingyness comes and goes but nursing him so constantly makes all of the otehr seem worse, and just when Im feeling so bummed with BF, I find out he grinds his teeth in his sleep, with my boob in his mouth, I bled, I still bleed every time he nurses on that side. I dont want to weane but I do want to introduce cows milk, it goes agains my beliefs but Id rather keep my sanity than my pride, I just want to know if it can be done in a safe way, I dont want to affect my milk supply, I dont want him to choose bottle over boob.

I dont want him to have more than one bottle a day (around 200 ml) so Dh or someone else can feed him, I also want him to be able to take a bottle in case Im not around. I want to make an informed decision, so any advice is welcome from scheduling that bottle feed to advice telling me not to introduce cows milk or how to keep my current situation from driving me nuts... I think I forgot to mention that the fidgeting and scratching have increased a lot, also that he wont take my expressed milk, he will not take it in a sippy cup, he will not take it in a bottle, he will not take him in a regular cup nor in a spoon. He will not take it in a box he will not take it with a fox...

Default Re: injured boob and cows milk

So your LO is a year now? If so, feel free to introduce cow's milk. Just don't expect too much to change due to introducing it- if your LO will not take breastmilk via bottle, cup, or sippy it's unlikely that he's going to want cow's milk in a bottle, cup, or sippy. It sounds like your most pressing issue is the night-nursing and the teeth grinding that happens while your LO is sleeping. How about working on night-weaning instead of aiming for total weaning?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

well as I said Im not aiming for total weaning, and I tried giving him whole milk in a bottle today and he took small sips during the day then in the late afternoon he chugged a whole bottle, still wont take my milk

most night he does STTN...but sometimes he does wake up every two hours, just how hard is it to night wean