Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I still nurse my 19 month old son 'on demand' and in public - does anyone else?

a little village with some trees, people, and a canal in it, Derbyshire, England

Default Re: I still nurse my 19 month old son 'on demand' and in public - does anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*milkylucy View Post
    I think you actually answered your own question, the ppl who might judge you mean nothing and your kid means everything, and you want to respond to your childs needs
    you're right! just great to receive support from the mamas! thank you all

a little village with some trees, people, and a canal in it, Derbyshire, England

Default Re: I still nurse my 19 month old son 'on demand' and in public - does anyone else?

[QUOTE=@llli*esthervegan;1169247]I nursed my last child in public in front of her school teacher on demand.
    i use the info today to comfort her and let her know how much she is loved.[/QUOTE

WOW! did that meet with any criticism? where i live i'm pretty sure it would be. that's a great idea - to share this to show how loved your children are. that's what i think - why hide it as though it's shameful, when actually it's responsive mothering? so wonderful to know other like-minded mummies are out there. i wish you all lived in my village!

I still nurse my 18 mo on demand in public. He's a big guy, so I do get some looks, but whatever.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

I nursed Miranda in public at that age no prob! Wasnt until recently, she is 2, that we dont do it in public anymore. She can be out for hours without needing to nurse, so there arent really requests to NIP, if there were I would comply!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

Still NIP my 27 mo!
    Emma

J from Aug '06 to Nov '08 and S from April 2009

I agree with all the other posts. My LO is almost 18 months old, we nurse on demand all day long, and all night long. I nursed him in public a few weeks ago in a mall since he was so tired and wanted to nurse. I got a few looks, but I think curiosity, nothing negative was said. But like you stated those who mind don't matter and are nothing, and your son is everything. Do what's right for you and your little one
    Married to my superman 4-26-08
    Mommy to Landon 1-29-2010, who nursed for 4 years!
    Mommy to DD Sadie born May 2nd, 2014 and nursing like a champ!

We all love and

Another point about NIP - I've noticed that if I am comfortable with what I'm doing and smile at people, they tend to smile back. If I'm worried about what people will think (like when I first NIP) my posture makes me look suspicious, which attracts frowns! People generally don't even notice that I'm nursing these days. Actually, one time my neighbor even posted a pic of me nursing on FB - he didn't notice when he took the pic at the neighborhood BBQ, or even later when he posted it! I was looking at the camera and smiling so he didn't notice the toddler attached to my boob!
    Emma

J from Aug '06 to Nov '08 and S from April 2009

I nursed DD in public unrestricted until she was 2. Since turning 2, I ask her to wait if we are just out running quick errands and she asks, but if we are with friends hanging out for extended periods at a park, etc. or if she gets hurt I still nurse her where ever. At 3Y8M I am more hesitant to nurse her just anywhere in public - partly because I just don't want to, and partly because I can only imagine the looks I'd get .

i nurse my 3-year-old and 4-year-old on demand and in public! I actually recently dropped some of my feedings with my 3-year-old (it was 20 plus times a day and all night) but now they're creeping back up.
    Adoptive and Bio Mommy to Two Breastfeeding Boys!

http://iamnotthebabysitter.com/

Default Re: I still nurse my 19 month old son 'o

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jlynne View Post
    i nurse my 3-year-old and 4-year-old on demand and in public! I actually recently dropped some of my feedings with my 3-year-old (it was 20 plus times a day and all night) but now they're creeping back up.
    Wow! I thought Edward was a lot.

Thanks for sharing xx I'm so glad to hear me and my son are not alone