Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question wanting some support and thoughts

Default Question wanting some support and thoughts

I feel this is the only place I can come with this question and receive nonjudgmental responses.

I am still nursing my 33 months old son. I thought this summer he might wean because we have been so busy and I don't usually nurse him in public anymore (except the other day at the nail salon where it was either that or not get my nails finished). The days we are busy he is fine too nurse twice a day, but the days we are home and I am trying to get caught up on laundry he wants to nurse for hours. He seems to really be boob obsessed. He tells me how nice I am whenever he nurses the other night he kept switching sides and finally when I explained to him that I didn't have any more milk he go a chair climbed it and pulled a bottle of frozen breast milk out of the freezer. The crazy thing is he hasn't had expressed breastmilk since around one about the same time I stopped pumping so I didn't feel good giving it to him. Then the other day I was dressing in a dressing room and when I took my shirt off he started screaming boobees my boobees ( I know I should have taught him a code word but thats what stuck). The other night we were at a MLB baseball game and stayed til late and he started getting whiney wanting to go home and asking for boobee and since I was surronded by about 25 family members only 2 of which even now I am still breastfeeding I held him off, and eventually he went to sit with my cousin ( which I thought was good) But today a different cousin (male) was over at my house and LO stuck his hand down his shirt and said my boobee laughing. Luckily he's not the easiest to understand and my cousin is only 14 so I don't think he really knew what happened. I kinda thought it was funny. And I really am still enjoying the nursing relationship my son is doing great in every aspect just potty trained super easily. I just am a little worried that he might like the boobee to much. Is this normal, is it just a phase, will he ever wean ( just joking now he will someday)
    Oh also if he asks for boobee and I say ok he yells yeah and runs around the room in a victory lap.
    Sorry this is so long just wanted you to get a feel for the situation.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby

Default Re: Question wanting some support and thoughts

That all sounds super sweet to me. Just continue to be firm about the boundaries YOU need while balancing his real need to continue to connect with you. And remaining FLEXIBLE. It's hard not to feel pressure from the outside world. But when it's all said and done you'll never regret allowing your child to walk away on his own terms. My son had a weaning party. When he was 4.5. It is something he remembers. He talk about it. It's a source of pride in his life. You'll get there together.

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    That all sounds super sweet to me. Just continue to be firm about the boundaries YOU need while balancing his real need to continue to connect with you. And remaining FLEXIBLE. It's hard not to feel pressure from the outside world. But when it's all said and done you'll never regret allowing your child to walk away on his own terms. My son had a weaning party. When he was 4.5. It is something he remembers. He talk about it. It's a source of pride in his life. You'll get there together.
    Thanks that's just what I needed to hear I did check out Maggies Weaning from my LLL group and we've read it a couple of times and discussed a party and he's not interested right now. Neither am I really but I did tell his Dad I was going to have him weaned by 3, but he's been ok with it for this long so he'll probably come around to the idea of me nursing a 3 year old.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby

great big hugs to you momma. i have been there too. my sweet little nay-nay addict is all grown up now but i am glad in retrospect that he nursed so long.
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair