Both my kid's have done the evening fussy thing. It was like clockwork with both of them. 7 o'clock and they would start getting really cranky. Crying, refusing to nurse, latching and unlatching repeatedly... Every single night from around 3 weeks to around 3 months of age. I think the kids were too hungry to sleep and too tired to eat, or perhaps not really hungry but just cranky from a long day of being a baby. Here's what worked for us:
- Motion. Rock in a rocker, swing in a swing, stroller ride, car ride, etc.
- Closeness. Being held in a sling.
- Fresh air. Being outside was like magic for my kids.
- Warm water. Try a nightly bath.
- Bottle. I had to do this with my first due to supply issues, but eventually discovered that one evening bottle of pumped milk would soothe her to sleep. At around 3 months I was able to discontinue using the bottle.
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"