Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: And so it begins ...

Default Re: And so it begins ...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    He still plays with my hair to comfort himself back to sleep, so I wake up with a little face pressed to mine and hands in my hair.
    this sounds lovely!
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Joe hasn't nursed in over a week. I'm not sure if this is official or what? I'm feeling okay with it. My breasts are SO SORE right now (I'm 14 weeks pregnant), it's really hard to nurse. He still gets lots of comfort and snuggles from me at night so that's nice. It's still sad, but I don't feel as despondent as I did when this process first began. I feel blessed that he nursed for eight months longer than I really expected him to. And that he still occasionally nurses, and may continue to do so for a while yet, we'll see.
    Last edited by @llli*joe.s.mom; January 19th, 2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: I do know the difference between to and too.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

You and he have done really well! Glad all is continuing to go great with little baby, too!
    I sometimes am not happy about my little girl asking to nurse as often as she does, but at the same time, I know I'm not ready for her to wean, either....ugh, why does it have to be so complicated?
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    ....ugh, why does it have to be so complicated?
    TOTALLY! Nursing can be pretty un-fun at times, yet not nursing is hard too! Parenting.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

You are a great mom JoMo! I think that being pg makes weaning a little easier in some ways - for some reason you don't feel AS bad for your baby weaning, maybe because you know you'll have another to nurse soon and you did a great job with the older one
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Glad you got to vent. It helps (not only you, but me). I work FT and have been complaining lately that my 2 1/2 yr old is nursing more than my 6 month old! When I hear it from that perspective, it makes me rethink my whining. Thank you. I am sorry you are having mixed feelings. Give yourself a big pat on the back for me though for being such a super working mom.
    Last edited by @llli*tatatandem; January 20th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
    BF'ing + pumping (working full time as BFPC) CD'ing , baby wearing , mother of an intact son , co-sleeping , and tandem nursing toddler... Plus I wear deodorant.

Glad you got to vent. It helps (not only you, but me). I work FT and have been complaining lately that my 2 1/2 yr old is nursing more than my 6 month old! When I hear it from that perspective, it makes me rethink my whining. Give yourself a big pat on the back for me. You are such a super working mom!
    BF'ing + pumping (working full time as BFPC) CD'ing , baby wearing , mother of an intact son , co-sleeping , and tandem nursing toddler... Plus I wear deodorant.

Yeah, I think it's pretty official. He hasn't nursed or asked to nurse for weeks now. It's sad, but at least it happened gradually, and not, as I had worried and complained about earlier in this thread, in a rejecting way. At this point, I think I can look back on weaning with fondness and feel good about how it went. But oh, I loved breastfeeding that little boy so much. To quote Cry the Beloved Country way out of context: "It was pleasure to feel the little mouth tugging at the breast." (Don't read that section, it will make you cry.)

I changed my siggy.
    Last edited by @llli*joe.s.mom; January 24th, 2012 at 12:21 PM.

You can call me JoMo!

Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

You've done a great job....I hope you write some of the happy memories of nursing in a journal or baby book or something so you can both go back and remember this special time.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.