Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins ...

Default Re: And so it begins ...

Okay, now I'm blubbering. You guys are sweet! Sniffle.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

You've done a great job! Weaning on his own terms - be thankful of that. Weaning is hard enough as it is...
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

First time, SAH mom to my precious daughter born October 2009
    Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...

He's officially skipping nights.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

And he can skip whole weeks and still not be done.

Way too lazy for formula

I was surprised when my DD didn't nurse for 2 weeks and then started asking/demanding again!
    How are you?
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

After not nursing at all on Tuesday night, he nursed quite a bit last night. Thanks, I needed that reminder. It's actually kind of funny to me how slow this is going! Like, one day Joe is totally not interested, and the next, he's begging for mama milky (he says "mama gulky," which is funny because he can CLEARLY pronounce m sounds, but it's like, having taken to "gulky" it's now habit ). At this rate, he could easily nurse until 3, just off and on.

You can call me JoMo!

Just a quick update: Joe is still weaning, maybe a bit faster now that I'm pregnant because I'm turning him down more. But he still nurses every other night or so. He still asks for "mama gilkies" sometimes. He still plays with my hair to comfort himself back to sleep, so I wake up with a little face pressed to mine and hands in my hair. It has been very slow, which is helping me feel better about it. Being pregnant has helped me feel better about it too, just because nursing is pretty uncomfortable, so I'm happy to substitute other kinds of snuggling.

I was very depressed this past August through October - like, considering going back on SSRIs, I felt so bad. I feel much better now (and I didn't go on the meds), and I am wondering, in retrospect, if some of my feelings were related to hormonal shifts around weaning. Because I felt awful - more awful than I've felt since Joe was a baby, and I had PPD. But then it just got better on its own.

You can call me JoMo!

I am kind of nervous about weaning for the hormonal changes and potential in depression. I sometimes wonder if that is what is keeping me from being clinically depressed right now.
    I'm glad you're feeling better right now. It sounds like you're doing an awesome job.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Hi everyone, what a sweet thread. As a lurker, im glad to read you're feeling better, JoMo. What about coming up with another special activity to replace the nursing sessions? Maybe some kind of shared ongoing art project or something? I've never weaned but know i'll miss the closeness and deep sense of cooperation ( on the good days).

Nursing can prevent depression?? I havent been depressed since i got pregnant, but was on ssris for a serious bout at the time. Ive actually been wondering what ive been doing right that sadness doesnt get in my bones the same way. Nursing? Maybe i should start doing this professionally!
    Kate

Mother to a sweet boy, born at 34 weeks on 2/11/11.
    Proud that I grew 26 lbs of baby before solids, and still counting...

We received banked milk in the NICU. Thank you, donors!!!