Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to LLLI and need help!

Default Re: New to LLLI and need help!

Well....if you are only 5 minutes away can you at least leave at lunch and go FEED HER for one of those times???

Way too lazy for formula

Thank you guys...I am really happy I decided to post on here. I think I can do this! It helps to know that others have been and are in my situation and made it through. The encouragement and honesty is great! I am off to bed but please continue to post as I will be checking on a regular basis for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Well....if you are only 5 minutes away can you at least leave at lunch and go FEED HER for one of those times???
    On some days I do but most days I am the only one left in the building and not able to leave. I think I just need to "buck up" and not be lazy. My job is to feet my daughter and that is what I am going to do. By the way, I do have some guilt for not nursing my son and I think that plays into the desire to stop pumping for my daughter.

Don't let it. You can only do the best with the information you have. You KNOW that feeding her your milk is the best thing for her. Stay focused. You CAN do it.

Way too lazy for formula

Is there any way you can get to work 15-20 minutes early and pump as soon as you get there? I have done this in the past. It was the only way to get 3 pumping sessions in. I pumped as soon as I got to work (7:30ish), late in the morning (11ish), and then at the end of my lunch break (2ish). Sometimes if my 2nd session got pushed to far ahead, I would pump at the beginning of lunch (1) and then again later in the afternoon (3-3:30).

You can also pump extra on the weekends/days off. Pump right after nursing your baby at one of your morning feeds. That is when prolactin levels are highest.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

Well today I was able to pump twice. I made myself do it as my desire is not there anymore. After researching formula and seeing all of the recalls and not knowing how and where it is produced, I am very nervous to start it so that is what is keeping me going right now. I am emotionally and physically exhausted. I am going to try pumping after I feed her in the morning...that may work. I will also try pumping at night after she is asleep. My mom used most of the frozen milk today so I am cutting it close. I will just keep pumping!! We will see...thanks again!