Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ignorance... I need to VENT!!

Default Re: Ignorance... I need to VENT!!

Really your story is inspirational. Especially because you are so young and a full time student. You should be applauded for doing such a good job. I know I have gotten zero family support since my LO turned one which is why I started attending LLL meeting. I also drive 45 minutes and sometimes I think that it's too far but afterwards I never regret it. Also I love this forum it helps knowing moms all over the world are doing the same thing. Its not gross its normal and the best thing for you toddler.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby

Ok, I have tears now. It's nice to actually hear people tell me that I'm doing a good job! Thanks!!
    Ayna ~ born 10/22/09
    Still and despite the controversy of society!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sarapunkinpie88 View Post

Guess I had a little vent piggy backing on yours lol.
    Ayna ~ born 10/22/09
    Still and despite the controversy of society!

I agree with you so much, I dont understand how ppl cannot make an informed decision, I always wonder what is rthe most natural way to do things... and learned too late about BLS and EC but for the most of it, I am your age and some "wiser" women have told me outrageour things, and I have felt the pressure of my family to do as they say cause hteyre older and know better like give my LO sugared water at night so he wouldnt demand boob and STTN, or give him milk of magnesia when he wasnt even two months old cause he hadnt pooped in two days, letting him cry, stop nursing when I got chicken pox, etc. I am your age btw... and some friends dont get why Im still nursing or why I cant go out with them... congratulations on being smart, not giving in to peer pressure and just having the basic amount of general culture and common sense that most ppl lack nowadays, but mostly congrats on dealing with the criticism of your own family, hang in there youre doing hte best for your little girl

Good job young Mamma!! Your are giving your LO the best possible start in life. Sorry you don't have the support you need, but rest assured your efforts will pay off because you will have a happy, and healthy well adjusted child! Keep at it, and like the PPs have said find support here on the forum or with your local LLL group! Good luck and Good Work!
    Mirkka

Mama to DD born September 7, 2010, and DS born October 28, 2012 and Wife to DH July 5, 2008

We love and love

your mil = a total pain!

love that you wrote that one your card at school btw