Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nipple pain could it be?

Default Nipple pain could it be?

Hello, I guess about a week ago, my left nipple started hurting, initial pumping, brushing up against anything, having my kids close etc. Having a look at it, it looks fine, no cracks or sore spots. It is pink. Got me to wondering if it could be thrush? I EP, no breast feeding at all. No other symptoms though and its just the nipple, no breast pain. Just the way of it, or could it be something else? I don't remember having this when I pumped for my twins. Thanks a bunch!

Tara

Default Re: Nipple pain could it be?

I think you are right. i think you do have thrush. It sounds like it to me.
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair

Default Re: Nipple pain could it be?

I have that sort of soreness too. And it seems to be hormonally based for me. Rule out thrush first though.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!