Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pacifier?

Default Re: Pacifier?

My son sucks his thumb, fingers, fist, toys, whatever he can get his hands on!

You tell your mil that this is not her baby and if she doesn't like your rules she can hit the road! I just flat out tell my mil what I do or don't want her to do with the baby, very straight foward. I know this may be be hard for some people though.
    SAHM of Baby Dominic, we

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sarapunkinpie88 View Post
    if you are doing a paci, make sure your breastfeeding relationship is established (usually 2-4 weeks) BUT babies suck because they are trying to get your supply up, so really a paci could leave your supply low....however, some babies comfort suck a lot.
    Two weeks is too soon. LLL does not recommend artificial nipples until between 4&6weeks. For exactly the reasons you state. A child at two week is still working to get the milk supply established. They need to be constantly stimulating their mothers breasts. Also you run the risk of nipple confusion as well. There are women who introduce them sooner. But you really do risk damaging supply before the 4 week point.

Way too lazy for formula

O Yes you are right, my mistake!
    SAHM of Baby Dominic, we

My son never took a paci. He Sucked on our finger from about 5 weeks until 4.5 months. At which point he started turning his head.

Way too lazy for formula