Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't Maintain Milk Supply

Default Re: Can't Maintain Milk Supply

Macart: I am thinking about renting that symphony and I'm really not sure who else to call about the LC. This is the only one the hospital say we have in our area.

Mtmama: Thank you and I am going to check the price on renting a scale.

Bxlgirl:Output is good. He is three months and vaginal delivery.

Right now we are combining bottles and nursing and its working for now. I hope all this pumping is going to boost my supply. I haven't had to use formula but if I can't get more milk soon, I will have to resort to formula. I am not sure how much bm to give him at a time. Right now he is demanding 2oz every 1-1/2 hours and will just keep screaming and sucking his fist if I don't feed him more. He would like to even have more than this. No wonder he doesn't think I have enough.

He gained 8oz this week! You were right mtmama. I do make enough, just not at the times he wants. I just have to pump after feeds and at night so I can feed it back to him. But atleast it is enough. I talked to another LC in another town today and she was helpful and can rent the symphony to me. Thanks girls!

so great to hear.

Super!
    Katharine
    Be the change you want to see in the world--Mahatma Gandhi
    mid-August DD (2010) & DS (2011 VBAC)
    Ouch! Is it thrush or Raynaud's phenomenon?

I have been in your position with supply and trying to figure out the babies feeding schedule is hard. It's tough to know when he is going to eat again until he gets on a good routine. The only thing I can suggest is when he gets fussy, try to hand express some to get the let down going and maybe that will help. I have also had to bottle feed an ounce or two to call mine down to the point where he could suck until the let down. My little man can be impatient when he is really hungry. I also found that when I was taking More Milk Special Blend (which is all the herbs) three times a day, my milk got watery and less. I bumped back to 1 time a day and back to normal. Maybe you just need to fluctuate your herbs to keep your body on it's toes. The absolute best thing is him nursing more so the more you can get him on the boob, the better.

Hello, maybe this was already in the PPs anyway with DSwho did not latch well I found useful to use an Supplemental nursing system (I had medela but there are others too) instead of bottles.helped recovering from bottle preference and also with giving correct amount of supplement because even with slow flow bottles he was just drinking and drinking non stop. I also read somewhere - but I can't remember where) that one may become accustomed to herbs so maybe that's why effect does not last? Maybe some more expert than me about herbs could comment on this?