Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Natural milk thickners??

Default Natural milk thickners??

Is there anythign i can take to make my milk thicker??

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Blessed thistle helps??

DS has silent reflux and the gavsicon is making him very constipated, so just looking for more friendlier option to add to his Losec and my dairy free diet.

Default Re: Natural milk thickners??

I know some mamas on here have created a "higher calorie" thicker form of breastmilk by pumping and skimming off the cream to give to their babies. Normally, breastmilk is perfect as-is and there is no need to "thicken" it, but you could try giving your baby the cream to see if he keeps that down better. I'm sorry, I don't know about Blessed Thistle.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Default Re: Natural milk thickners??

Blessed thistle might help. I read coconut products could help too.

I had four babies with reflux. Perhaps ask about alternative meds?
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!