Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help: Inadequate weight gain + constant nursing

Default Re: Help: Inadequate weight gain + constant nursing

Thanks. I have been pumping after every feed to keep my supply up. And then I've been giving that by bottle to her. I too think there's a problem with milk transfer, but haven't been able to find a lactation consultant here where I live (in India) who has been able to help or who does that kind of precise weighing. I'm heading back to the States in a few weeks and hope to find an insightful LC there. Any thoughts on how to locate a good LC?

Default Re: Help: Inadequate weight gain + constant nursing

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*colaba View Post
    Thanks. I have been pumping after every feed to keep my supply up. And then I've been giving that by bottle to her. I too think there's a problem with milk transfer, but haven't been able to find a lactation consultant here where I live (in India) who has been able to help or who does that kind of precise weighing. I'm heading back to the States in a few weeks and hope to find an insightful LC there. Any thoughts on how to locate a good LC?
    One place you could look is on the International Lactation Consultant Association website. They have a map where you put in your zip code and it gives you a list IBCLC's in the area with where they're located.

You might also try calling around the local LLL Leaders. They may know the LCs in the area and be able to recommend someone.

Wow, it looks like there are only 6 IBCLCs in all of India. That's really hard, not having access to good resources. I hope you find someone helpful when you're in the States. But in the meantime, continuing to both nurse and pump is a good plan. Please keep us posted!
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--