Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Mothers Milk Tea vs Fenugreek

Default Mothers Milk Tea vs Fenugreek

Do any of you have any suggestions as to what works better, the mothers milk tea (which combines the fenugreek, fennel, aniseed, coriander, and blessed thistle) or taking just the pure fenugreek pills? I've been drinking the mothers milk tea 3x a day for about two weeks now, along w/ pumping and nursing, and not seeing any kind of increase. Just wanted to get some suggestions before I go and buy the pills to try.
    God's greatest gift is the gift of children...

Wife of Terry Lee, mother to Carl Nathanuel, step-mom to Jordan Terry

Default Re: Mothers Milk Tea vs Fenugreek

Have you tried power pumping? No herb can really substitute for pumping/nursing time.

- Try power pumping (Pump both sides for 10 minutes, rest for 10, pump both sides for 10 minutes, rest for 10, and finally pump both sides for 10 minutes once more for a total of 30 minutes of pumping in an one-hour period. Power pumping is supposed to mimic the way a baby feeds and boosts supply during a growth spurt.)

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Thanks for the suggestion!!! I'll try that first thing tomorrow morning!!! I hope it works...my LO is getting upset that he's not getting enough milk at the breast and I'm getting sad that I am having to give him a bottle instead. And I have only two bags of milk left and have only been able to pump about an extra ounce a day!
    God's greatest gift is the gift of children...

Wife of Terry Lee, mother to Carl Nathanuel, step-mom to Jordan Terry

w/pp Also my DS is 4.5 mo and Im still using both the mm tea and fenegreek (5 3x aday) when i slack I see a difference. I make a large picture of tea every day and thats all i drink it about 16 glasses.

good luck jenn
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST