Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sign of first PPAF?

Default Sign of first PPAF?

Hi all! I'm new to the boards but hoping for some insight. I just passed the one-year mark nursing my DS. Lately I've had some terrible nipple pain on both sides. Position doesn't seem to make a difference, and while he is teething again, I hadn't noticed this problem with previous teeth.

I keep thinking my AF *might* be returning (fertile quality CM, some acne), but nothing yet. As anyone experienced nipple pain before their AF returned? (Or any other symptoms I might be on the lookout for?)

TIA!

Default Re: Sign of first PPAF?

Yes. I have, around the time of ovulation.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Its been so long since I've breastfed last and its been years since I've last had AF. I do not recall having increased nipple pain during ovulation, but what would i know, I was pregnant or nursing some one for 10 years straight.
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair

Anything is possible! I've only had AF once since before I was pregnant and that was 5 months ago! A lot of women do get nipple pain before whether they are nursing or not.
    Ayna ~ born 10/22/09
    Still and despite the controversy of society!

With both my children, AF did return after the one-year mark. With my first I felt like my body was ramping up for it for a couple of months. With my second, I had been pumping extra milk to donate to a milk bank, I quit pumping when he hit one year (they can't take milk beyond that), and that was enough to trigger the return of fertility. And I do remember definite nipple pain as a precursor. I remember wondering, Is it going to be like this every month? Thankfully it hasn't been. I think I also had chocolate cravings.

My nipples do get sore when DS is teething, so it could be that, too.
    I breast milk fed my Blossom for fifteen months (after exclusively pumping for thirteen). My Bud (nineteen months) is still nursing directly (after a rough start that included a few months of pumping and supplementing with mommy's milk).

TwoDewdrops: Nursing Dresses and Tops for Discreet Breastfeeding (and Pumping)

I was extremely lucky and didn't see any signs of AF until LO was 2 and a half but I have noticed about a week before my nipples are very tender which at first seemed odd to me too but then I figured it was in relation to AF. However it seems to be diminishing I didn't notice it as much last month.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby