Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Please give me some advise for low milk supply ( I think)

Default Please give me some advise for low milk supply ( I think)

I need some advise. I think that my milk supply has decreased. I have a 10 week old little girl. Everything had been going great. Great supply when nursing and pumping. But now it seems to have dropped considerably. I did supplement some while we were on vacation, and then my period has returned and it really seemed to drop. I was getting around 4 oz. when I would pump in between feedings, but now I am lucky to get 1 oz. I have been taking Fenugreek, but have not noticed a big change. My little one seems fussy at the breast, and I just don't want for my milk to dry up. Please help!!

Default Re: Please give me some advise for low milk supply ( I think)

How are your LO's wet/dirty diapers- that is the only true measure of supply. when you say that you were getting 4 oz in between feeding do you mean you were pumping to replace a feeding? how long in between feedings was that when you pumped? Any time you suppliment and when you get your period back your supply can drop but that doesn't mean your supply is low now. A littel more info would help.
    Jessica

Moma to DS1-the monkinroanie (3/09) and DS2-the sweet pumpkin (5/12)
    Strong Women- May we have the delight of knowing them, the courage to be them and the privilege of raising them.
    And yes I know my spelling terrible (is that spelled right? )