Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question about my nipples...

Question Question about my nipples...

Hey ladies! I have a ? My nipples are really long after he nurses. Is this because he is not latched on right? They look like lipstick when he is done. Also before he nurses, I make my nipple hard by pulling it, is this correct? Lastly, my breast get this burning sensation after he nurses and sometimes during, and ideas?

Default Re: Question about my nipples...

Well the lipstick part means the latch isn't right, not them being elongated I think, and I also make my nipple hard before I latch him just because it makes it easier for me to get him latched properly.

I should also mention that I had lipstick nipple for a while during the time his mouth was kinda small. We kept working on the latch, and his weight gain was good. I would say if it is not causing a lot of problems that may resolve easily with a bit of tweaking the latch and the babies mouth growing

I'm having the same problem…..the burning sensation has just started recently and i'm not sure why or how to fix it

Is the tip of your nipple a little white? Yes, it may be that your LO is nor latching on properly. Here's a link that helped me out a little http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...blanching.html.
    Yai

Mamá de Aini 19-09-10 (or, for my English speaking folks: 09-19-10)

Pregúntame sobre pañales de tela Ask me about cloth diapers!

ok thanks! I cant wait to see the lc on friday!!! until then I will continue to try for a better latch...