Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: doesnt want to be held, doesnt want to be put down

Default doesnt want to be held, doesnt want to be put down

this is absolutly frustrating. Luna gets all fussy if she's left to either sit in her bouncy, or on the couch, and yet she squirms and fusses if i try and hold her. i mean, what does she want? i know she's teething, but i think its too soon to give her medicine. i try to play with her, and she just wacks at me, or screaches... knocks my soda out of my hand, pulls at my hair... im at my wits end, its too hot to wrestle with a 5 month old
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

Default Re: doesnt want to be held, doesnt want to be put down

What a beautiful name! Have you tried sitting down on the floor with her, behind her and trying to support her while she sits? My little guy was also sitting in a Bumbo chair at five months, so you may want to try that if you haven't already. Does she like tummy time? What about putting her on her back next to a large mirror (like one that sometimes is on the back of a door) so that while she's playing she can see her image and entertain herself? I also go for frequent walks with my guy in the bjorn or moby when he is fussy and doesn't seem to know what he wants. Sometimes that simple change of scenery does wonders - we walk around the house looking at pictures and paintings on the walls, etc. My favorite recent purchase is a large playmat that I have in his nursery. It's very cushioned and easy to keep clean, so he spends a lot of time on that now. I sit on it with him, so he can move around freely but knows I'm nearby. Good luck!

Maybe she is too hot and the teething just adds to the discomfort????? I don;t know, I am new to the mommy thing, but my DS screams bloody murder when he is too hot and nothing calms him down until he is in just his onesie and the AC is on.
    Please excuse my typos, I am always NAK.

DS since 1/30/11

SHE's not fond of tummy time. often when sitting on the ocuch (sitting up with no support) she'd lunge for the tv remote (its a big sized novelty one) and then get upset cuz she dunno how to get off her tummy. and only thing we have to cool things is a swamp cooler. wont beable to buy an AC till the 15th of next month for most of the time i just have her in a onesei, or if she's super drooly only a diaper

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

Have you ever tried putting her in the bath when she's like that? It seems to reset Trixie's bad mood.

Also, have you tried teething tablets, or rubbing her gums? Maybe she's tired when she's acting like that?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

i bought Humpfrey's teeting pellets, but im at a lost at how to use them. they say disolv into 1/2 tsp of water, then rub on gums, but its still mostly water, and doesnt do anything. i DID however buy baby oraqgel gum brush/toothpate thingy, and sometimes rub her gum with that little thingy

I agree. I can't stand those humpfrey's tablets. Hopefully the Hyland's teething tablets will be back on the market soon. Humphrey's also has a kind that looks sort of like a tiny bandaid - Luna is old enough for you to put those on her tongue. There is also a brand of liquid - Camilia, I think - that you can put in her mouth.

I will say this - if I have a super fussy child - either Lilah or Trixie - and I can't help them get over it, I do usually give Tylenol. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. I figure if my mouth was hurting, I would take something.
    Tracie

Mommy to

well the thing was, at the time, it was only @3-4 hours since i last gave her motrin, so it was too soon for meds

Next time, maybe see if a bath will work.
    Tracie

Mommy to

i believe you can do Tylenol and Motrin in cycles, maybe ask your doc? since they have different active ingredients. like you can take acetaminophen and ibuprofen 2 hours apart...my mom was a ped nurse until 3 years ago and told me that. i also have the bumbo chair, love it...
    SAHM of Baby Dominic, we