Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 month DD mainly ebf and doesn't eat a lot of solids

Default Re: 12 month DD mainly ebf and doesn't eat a lot of solids

I accidentally posted this twice... So I just deleted it...
    Last edited by @llli*luv2ebf; July 5th, 2011 at 06:08 PM.

Yes I do remember our private message luv2ebf!
    Okay so I think just hang in there and keep offering the purees your baby does like to eat. If LO doesn't want to eat it, well, you offered it. I went thru this too. Some days he would eat it some days he wouldn't. Same with the solids I offered on his tray. After I found a few things he WOULD eat, i just offered those and backed off a little on other items for a while.
    My son would eat yogurt. (I buy mine at Braums, its a chain store but the dairy farm is right by my house and I know how its prepared at least.. and there is no artificial stuff in it)
    He would eat cottage cheese. (protein!!)(again, i buy this from Braums dairy)
    I made my own fruit purees too... but I also buy HappyBaby Organic baby food for on the go and he loves that.
    And... he got to where he would eat off a banana!!! If I sliced it and put it on his tray, he would throw it on floor. But if he was toddling around living room, and I offered him a whole banana, he'd nibble some off!
    I found it easier to get him to eat NOT in the highchair. He'd eat on my lap or if he was sitting down on the floor playing.

Persistence pays off momma.
    I can still only get him to eat sometimes if he has the freedom to play with thomas the train on the floor while i spoon feed him... kids : )
    Kristin

Momma to Benjamin, we recently made it nursing to age 2!!!!

Benjamin born 9-17-09

Thanks for your advice... maybe I should try giving her a whole banana like you did with your lo... I put food on her try when I'm feeding her purees and she just plays with the food... then throws it all on the floor, then she is done and won't eat any more baby food... that's like her signal she's done as soon as she starts tossing food off her tray, he he... where do you buy that baby food?? I get "organic earths best" baby food but would like to try what you get. Thanks again for your messages. You are always encouraging!!!! :-)