Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 15 mo old still night nursing once

Default Re: 15 mo old still night nursing once

My almost 22 mo old also only nurses "at night" around 5am. Sometimes he'll go back to sleep and sometimes not.

When I need more sleep - I make sure that *I* get to bed at a decent hour. If I get to sleep at 10pm I can usually get 7 hours of sleep. If I'm really tired I'll go to sleep at 9pm or earlier.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nursienurse View Post
    That 4-6 am feed was the last one my son gave up before he weaned. It really is a great feed, it turns out, because now he won't sleep in. My daughter nurses back to sleep at that time too, and sleeps til around 8 or 9. She wakes at least 4 times a night to nurse right now. 18 months old. She wakes more when I've been at work. Hang in there, Mama!
    Joe nurses in the early morning, and I am 99.99999999% sure that if I eliminated that nursing, he would start waking up at 5 a.m. every morning (like many babies do). So I'm holding on to it as long as I can, I am not a morning person! Several of my friends did the night weaning thing and their babies are now up at the crack of dawn every day.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

It sounds to me like he's sleeping all the way through the night. 8 pm to 5 am??? We didn't get that until Lilah was around 25 months old. I think it's unreasonable to expect anyone to sleep for 12 hours in a row without anything to eat or drink.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months