Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: periods irregularity?

a little village with some trees, people, and a canal in it, Derbyshire, England

Default periods irregularity?

Hi mamas,

i have an 18 mth old (still nursing) and my periods returned when he was 13mths.

My periods were pretty regular - like every 28 days for first 3 i think, then 26 days (???never had that before!)...now on day 30 and no period. Hmm. Done a pregnancy test today and -ve.

Is this something other mums have had?

a little village with some trees, people, and a canal in it, Derbyshire, England

Default Re: periods irregularity?

oh, i maybe should say that i kind of feel like i am pregnant too - the sensations in my lower ab i remember having with my ds when i was 4 wks pregnant. or maybe i shouldn't say that!

Maybe test again in a few days? Mine started out really as really long cycles and gradually shortened 30 days isnt that long though...
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

yup circle a date a month away and wait to test then... IF you can wait that long.
    Its pretty common to skip a few cycles if your under stress or toddler starts nursing more over night cause of illness or teething.

ok, i'll try to wait to test.

my ds does feed through the night, but no change there!

it's throwwn me a bit cos my tummy does feel that strange feeling...still, i'm prob wanting to feel that if you kwim.

I just had to comment on here cause I am going through a similar thing. My period starts every 5 weeks ever since my son was 7 months old. This month I am at 6 1/2 weeks. Tuesday it will be 7 weeks! I took 2 tests, the last one just 2 days ago, and both were very negative. I am not a super big fan of having my period but I can not stand the waiting game! Ugh! I just hope this period doesn't make me spend a fortune on tests. Also, I hate the negative sign on those tests, even if not being pregnant is probably better right now.
    I hope you don't have to wait much longer.
    Married 9/17/2005
    Mother to Seamus born 3/9/2010 7lbs 9oz Still nursing with no end in sight!
    I love , , cloth diapers! with #2! Due 4/5/2012. for a Vbac!

Really I think it's a good idea to chart your fertility so you know if you're ovulating or not. It is normal for cycles to be irregular but you are rather in the dark if you're not charting to know what your body is doing. Taking Charge of your Fertility is a very easy to read good guide on learning about your health and how to determine when you ovulate.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

thought i'd just update - on day 34 now and STILL no period - this is my longest cycle ever since starting my periods at 10 yrs old! and done my 5th test (I know - i couldn't wait!) and still -ve!

hmmm...how strange?
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

hi mamas,
    so...i'm not pregnant. Defo. Had a blood test and midwife just given me results. I feel ...even though i would prefer to be pregnant in a month or two rather than now am really upset as feel this has put a spanner in the 'casually' ttc works.

Midwife said to see if gp if no period in a week. worried that something is wrong now!