Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Milk Supply

Default Re: Low Milk Supply

Excellent advice from the pps. Also want to note that pumping output does NOT equal your milk supply! Babies are more efficient at getting the milk out than even the best pump. Like pp said, best way to know if baby is getting enough is to count wet and dirty diapers.
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

I was worried about my milk supply when my guy was a newborn and the best advice i got (from here, of course!) was to just nurse nurse nurse. As much as possible... It IS exhausting. But so rewarding to know that our bodies can completely nourish another life. It's actually pretty rare for a Mama NOT to be able to provide enough milk for her baby. So perhaps looking at it from a standpoint of "i can do this!" rather than "what if i can't do this?" would be beneficial to you. Good luck!!
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

Hi All Wonderful Moms,

Thanks for your advice. It's impressed to see your prompt responses and your advice help me a lot. I never thought I can become a mom that can provide milk for my baby. Just this morning, I was able to pump about 2 oz of milk which can fulfill my baby. Of course, I haven't able to pump every 2 oz consistenly but at least gave me a little confidence if I nurse more, my body can produce milk. I felt like actually I can be a real mom as others too. I have a little bit hope after seeing all your replies.

Thanks the reducing formula link, I am working on it. Although part of myself still feel stuborn and worry my baby getting enough milk or not, I know I have to work on it in order to increse my milk supply. I know there are other ways to measure my baby gets enough milk or not such as by counting the dipers as you suggested. I will work hard to take off the formula.

Thanks for all your encouragement and hopefully one day my baby doesn't need to drink formula and my body can produce enough milk.

Joy

You can do it, mama!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Keep it up! Great job, you sound like a great mom who wants to do the best for her baby.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

You can do it! Keep us posted!
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

Thanks to all your moms' encouragement. I'll keep you posted and am working hard to increase my milk supply.

Joy