Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: constant feeding

Default Re: constant feeding

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kcb0811 View Post
    Im not too sure. but mine does this too, and he spits up a great deal as well. My dr said to try and get him to take a pacifier and not let him eat but every 3 hours, but i think that is mean, lol. and to make sure he burps good.

i would flip my lid if my doc told me that
    SAHM of Baby Dominic, we

crunchtastic hippies
    SAHM of Baby Dominic, we

I'm new here and this is my first post but I wanted to say that I could have written the original post word for word. I have a one month old baby boy. I'm keeping a log of his feedings and diapers and sleep and I think he is on the breast all the time. He'll fall asleep and I'll go to move him, he'll wake up and start rooting again. I feel like he isn't feeding long enough when he feeds. He has wet and dirty diapers and has gained almost 2 pounds since birth and the dr. was happy with that. But I just feel like I am doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sushi9 View Post
    I'm new here and this is my first post but I wanted to say that I could have written the original post word for word. I have a one month old baby boy. I'm keeping a log of his feedings and diapers and sleep and I think he is on the breast all the time. He'll fall asleep and I'll go to move him, he'll wake up and start rooting again. I feel like he isn't feeding long enough when he feeds. He has wet and dirty diapers and has gained almost 2 pounds since birth and the dr. was happy with that. But I just feel like I am doing something wrong.
    Hi mama, weight gain seems great! After reading the links and responses plus being reasured by the doctor, do you feel better? Are you willing to take yes for an answer? . Seems like all is good!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sushi9 View Post
    But there is not. You are just not experienced as a nursing Dyad yet. It's completely normal. And self doubt is a new mothers worst enemy. Trust those of us that have been there. We promise you, it's completely NORMAL to spend the 1st 6-12 weeks on the couch nursing a newborn. They are working to get your milk supply to match their needs and they need to PRACTICE and so do you. And there is a growth spurt at the 3 and 6week point. It's normal. Newborns feed around the clock. Accept it. EXPECT it and work with it. Set up a nursing station. Plan to be there all day. Bring remotes your phone, your computer and some snacks. Expect to pee and change diapers. And get more food. That's it. The only real job you have that can't wait the first weeks IS to feed the baby. And Mother nature sets it up so that is all that you do do.

Way too lazy for formula