Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Supply Question!

Default Supply Question!

My son turned one on 5/26 and we have settled into nursing first thing when he gets up in the morning and again at bedtime. That's it - twice a day. I am happy to continue this indefinitely, but wondering if I am going to lose my supply?

Just some FYI's - I officially pump weaned the week he turned one, so it has been almost a month. He takes about 8-12 oz. of cow's milk during the day (and water). He is a fabulous eater, too - all table food (usually 3 meals and random snacks).

Anyway, was just hoping that we could continue these twice a day nursings without fear of losing my supply. It's nice for us to be able to keep this up.

Thanks for any reassurance (hopefully) or advice!

Default Re: Supply Question!

As long as you continue to nurse, and don't get pregnant again, you will be able to maintain your supply pretty much indefinitely. Nursing just 2 x a day won't maintain a large supply, though.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

a little village with some trees, people, and a canal in it, Derbyshire, England

your supply will maintain as long as u continue to nurse - except can drop in pregnancy like pp said. if your son wants to nurse more through the day, your supply will adapt as necessary still.

that was my experience as well. When my daughter would increase or decrease her demand (because of teething or illness or whatever) my supply responded very quickly.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Thanks so much for all the info!

I am just hoping I can keep nursing twice a day as long as he wants to continue (and the occasional during the night nursings he asks for)! Especially that "before bed" nursing - what an awesome, perfect way to end the day!