Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rejected...

Default Re: rejected...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this. And 2.5 ounces every 2 hours is a good amount.

Have you taken her to the doctor to rule out things like ear infections?
    Thanks mommy2lilah. I didn't think it would effect me like this. Yes we've been to the pediatrician right before the strike started. She did have a virus and a sore throat so she could still be battling that. So I hope it's on the tail end of that since it's been more than a week. Also, we have a lot of things going on right that are on teh list of the of things that could cause a strike so I guess I cannot be surprised. We are in the middle of moving, I'm due to go back to work next week so we've done some trial days with me away from home, she's been sick. So I hope the strike does not last much longer. I'm very tired as I woke up every 2 hrs last night to pump just to make sure we had a good supply of milk for her. I was able to get her to nurse for a good time this am when she was sleeping...although I'm kind of skeptical about how much "active sucking" she does when she's asleep...but she didn't seem hungry after when she woke up...although she did want her next feed a bit early which is fine.

Thanks to everyone for your replies...any other suggestions any insight is appreciated. You guys have been a great support.

hang in there. I would not recommend getting up every 2 hrs to pump, 3 hrs is just fine at night or you're just going to run yourself ragged and exhausted and be more upset about all the problems.

I did find a baby scale to be quite helpful. Maybe you could go into your doctor's office for a feeding and before/after weigh then and then at least know how much she's getting the one time.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tomom View Post
    Thanks mommy2lilah. I didn't think it would effect me like this. Yes we've been to the pediatrician right before the strike started. She did have a virus and a sore throat so she could still be battling that. So I hope it's on the tail end of that since it's been more than a week. Also, we have a lot of things going on right that are on teh list of the of things that could cause a strike so I guess I cannot be surprised. We are in the middle of moving, I'm due to go back to work next week so we've done some trial days with me away from home, she's been sick. So I hope the strike does not last much longer. I'm very tired as I woke up every 2 hrs last night to pump just to make sure we had a good supply of milk for her. I was able to get her to nurse for a good time this am when she was sleeping...although I'm kind of skeptical about how much "active sucking" she does when she's asleep...but she didn't seem hungry after when she woke up...although she did want her next feed a bit early which is fine.

Thanks to everyone for your replies...any other suggestions any insight is appreciated. You guys have been a great support.
    I am with Tracy. Don't give up! And don't get discouraged and ASSUME you need to supplement!! How is the diaper output? How is her weight gain? Strike are hard not to take personally. I understand that. But it sound like your output is still great! And pump for her just like you would for when you are away. But try to get more sleepy and dream feeds in. Don't worry about how much active sucking she is doing. It's instinct when they are trying to fight it. Everything you have going on could INDEED be the reason she is striking. Be diligent Mama! She'll come back. I encourage you to continue to work through it. And also continue to TRUST YOUR BODY!

Way too lazy for formula

I really want to thank you all for the advice and input. I believe we are coming out of the strike!!! We've had a full day of EBF...except once I tried to give her a bottle when we at the new house because she was not breastfeeding that well, but she didn't want the bottle, she wanted boob! Ha ha...only in time for me to go back to work tomorrow =(. So I guess the true test will be this weekend when my poor thinking will disrupt little baby the most...wed, I return to work, thurs, we move, fri we head out for a little long weekend road trip. If I could postpone/reschedule any of these I would knowing what I knowing now. But I'm going to try to keep everything as consistent as possible...same bedding, same bed, same mom, dad, and grandma...and hopefully this will get her (and me!) through the changes without another strike.

Thank you again. None of my friends who are breastfeeding have experienced this and none seemed to quite understand what I was going through.

Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Way too lazy for formula