Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is this a growth spurt?

Default Is this a growth spurt?

Chloe is 4wks today. And oh my goodness she has been nursing EVERY hour since last night! She seems a little extra fussy also. Could this be a growth spurt? Also how long do they last?

Default Re: Is this a growth spurt?

Hi Sarah...every time I have an issue, you have usually already asked the question I wonder if it's cause our LOs were born a day apart. Collin was 4 weeks yesterday, and the night before he started cluster feeding...did the same thing last night, and this morning. I was wondering if it's a growth spurt. He didn't really seem to hit the 3 week spurt you hear about. So I'm also wondering how many days these spurts last for. Just when I think my nipples are getting better, they start getting sore again after so much nursing. I still think I'm not quite latching him right. I just checked out DR Jack Newman's website and got some pointers I'm going to give a try. Hang in there Mommy...at least we're not going through it alone

Sounds like it! I have no idea how long they are supposed to last typically. Hang in there!

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

Jennifer that's so funny! When you latch your LO do you also hold your breast well he is nursing? That helps me a lot!

Hi there,

Hang in there, growth spurts pass! I noticed they lasted a few days at the most, for me. Keep up the good work!