Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: could rash be related to oald?

Default Re: could rash be related to oald?

just an update, I took DD back to the ped, explained everything we had tried and how the rash was only getting worse. We saw a different dr in the practice and as soon as we took off her diaper he said " oh, that's a yeast rash" soooooo we started using the cream and 2 days later it's almost gone. At least I know which Ped I will be making future appointments with.

It's so good to hear that you finally were able to solve your rash problem!

Just so you know, freezers don't kill yeast, so you'll want to dump any pumped milk you have, and since you can never really thoroughly sanitize a pump, you'll probably want to replace that, too, to avoid reinfestation. (I know, I know...don't shoot the messenger)!

Thrush is definitely NO FUN, but at least you are getting the treatment you need now.

(((HUGS))) and Hang in there,

Tiana

She didn't have thrush, but the source of her diaper rash was yeast, do I still need to dump it? I was told that she could have gotten it durring her birth since I battled an infection through out my pegnancy (I know TMI), if that makes sence. He also told me to wash everything with vinager to kill the fungus just in case, but I don't have any symptoms of thrush or a skin based infection.

I am sooo sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this one. I wanted to be sure I had correct information for you.

If the yeast is only on her bottom, and you are taking measures to prevent it's spread (e.g. thoroughly washing hands, etc), you can *probably* get away with keeping the pumped milk. You may want to label it as possibly contaminated with thrush, and only use it in the middle of another yeast outbreak (which, hopefully, won't happen to you!). Make sure to thoroughly sanitize your pump parts as well.

HTH,

Tiana

thanks for the reply, i marked the milk*just in case* i did sterilize the pump parts that i have been using. my ped recomended that i wait and see if there is a reocurence and if so to start over fresh with new pump accesories. my local WIC office told me they can get me a new pump if and when i need it. my lo is doing good, and the rash is visably gone, although we still need to use the cream for another week. I also checked with my naturopath, she recomended i add a *pinch* of acidophilus/bifidus powder to her daddy bottle of ebm and that i take it as well added to room temp yogurt. she said it helps regulate the yeast/good bacteria balance, and may deter a full blown case of thrush, since we don't already have it.
    thanks again

You're welcome.

It sounds like you have a good plan!