Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not sleeping through the night anymore - OK to give rice cereal?

Default Re: Not sleeping through the night anymore - OK to give rice cereal?

thanks, guys...I've reverted back to taking one long nap with baby during the day and worrying less about chores etc. It does not help that I went to a wedding, caught a bad cold, then bronchitis.
    Breastfeeding Mommy to Roger - born February 16th, 2011 via emergency C-section.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy36 View Post
    thanks, guys...I've reverted back to taking one long nap with baby during the day and worrying less about chores etc. It does not help that I went to a wedding, caught a bad cold, then bronchitis.
    Aww, mama. Feel better soon.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mothersky View Post
    I'm not questioning your method for getting your child back to sleep. I am questioning the recommendation of the baby whisperer.

http://www.kellymom.com/store/review...whisperer.html
    I am not recommending the Baby Whisperer in entirety, I have read her book and visited the forum numerous times and founds lots of mothers (including myself) that have found help and sanity when nothing else seemed to work. She is not for everyone, and not all of her methods are for everyone. I, for one, found that her idea of feeding only every three or four hours does not take into account women with chronic low milk supply - like myself. I have to pump five times a day during the week, feed on demand all weekend, and allow my LO to nurse at least once a night to keep my milk supply strong. That being said, her sleep training methods really do work and are far better than the "cry-it-out" method a lot parents resort to. It is a way for sleep deprived moms and dads everywhere to find their sanity again; some mothers can handle nursing their LOs all night long, but I found myself cranky and unpleasant in the morning after the few nights I ended up doing that and knew it wasn't healthy for me, my son, or my marriage to be angry like that.

Also, I think that article by kellymom is exaggerated. I've read the Baby Whisperer's books and she does not talk about weaning for the sake of preventing sagging or flat boobs. Gee, and I love most of kellymom's advice . . .

As I said, I didn't question your methods for your child. I do find that, as you said, her methods are counterintuitive for parents of newborns and can interfere with production. I tend to reject, out of hand, anything that suggests (even remotely) that you can train a newborn, particularly if it comes from someone who does not have children - no matter how much they've studied them. I'm more a fan of the No-Cry Sleep Solution but that's just me.

"Don't toush da mango"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mothersky View Post
    I'm more a fan of the No-Cry Sleep Solution but that's just me.
    Me too! Although, I admit I read it more for entertainment because I find my girls sleep better when I let them set their own patterns. Any influence from me just ends up with us all crying.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*rlkoh View Post
    Also, I think that article by kellymom is exaggerated. I've read the Baby Whisperer's books and she does not talk about weaning for the sake of preventing sagging or flat boobs. Gee, and I love most of kellymom's advice . . .
    Actually, she does. She says if you nurse your baby for more than one year that you will get saggy boobs. She is the same as the Ezzos in my opinion. Newborns nurse all night long. That's normal. And that's why I cosleep.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amysmom View Post
    Me too! Although, I admit I read it more for entertainment because I find my girls sleep better when I let them set their own patterns. Any influence from me just ends up with us all crying.
    Yeah, I agree with you. I like NCSS, it's really sweet, but I don't have the patience for all that log taking.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Same here Tracie.

"Don't toush da mango"