Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 2 week old & no dirty diapers?

Default 2 week old & no dirty diapers?

Hi ladies,

My daughter is 16 days old today and I notice she hasnt had a dirty diaper in 3-4 days. She gets plenty of wet diapers a day though, and feeds every 2 hours on the dot. I know breastfed babies can go for days without pooping, but is it normal that they start doing this so early?

Default Re: 2 week old & no dirty diapers?

It's not that common, but not unheard of, for a baby to skip a few days of pooping at such an early age. Obviously she is getting hydrated, because she's peeing well, so I would say that this is something to watch, and not freak out about. If there's no poop soon, say in a couple of days, I would take a trip to the doc.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

DS was like that. It drove us up the wall because I was worried about my supply, but he was gaining weight super fast and peeing a ton. He never did start pooping multiple times a day like our first baby did - I think the most has been three times and that has happened maybe twice in five months.

How's her weight gain?
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kaitlyns.mom View Post
    DS was like that. It drove us up the wall because I was worried about my supply, but he was gaining weight super fast and peeing a ton. He never did start pooping multiple times a day like our first baby did - I think the most has been three times and that has happened maybe twice in five months.

How's her weight gain?
    My DS was also like that. However, for me, he was not gaining weight very well at all. After not pooping for 5 days, the pediatrician told us to use an infant suppository. I also started to pump a lot more and supplement more, and then he started to poop on his own more frequently.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

that's how our now-2-month-old baby was around 2, 3 weeks. now she's pooping at least twice a day, big ones , but back then i worried too. don't worry ~ as long as the wet diapers are plentiful and baby seems content, this too shall pass!
    ♥♥♥♥ baby girl born 4-14-2011 ♥♥♥♥
    ♥♥♥♥ baby girl born 11-14-2013 ♥♥♥♥