Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastfeeding during Pregnancy

Default Breastfeeding during Pregnancy

Sorry if this is a stupid question, or if it has been addressed here before. My daughter is currently 11 1/2 months. I've been breastfeeding since day one and have no plans to stop anytime soon. I am planning on trying to get pregnant again in September. Here is my question: Is it possible to continue nursing my daughter throughout a second preganancy? I was hoping I wouldn't have to stop at all. I want for my daughter to decide for herself when she wants to wean, even if that means I will be nursing 2 babies (one older, one younger).

Default Re: Breastfeeding during Pregnancy

Yes. It is certainly possible!! I am nursing (well..in the process of weaning) my 3 yr old and I'm 32 weeks pg. There is a forum on here "Breastfeeding & Pregnant" check it out. You'll find a lot of good info in there. I have to run now.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Here are some great resources about nursing while trying to conceive, nursing while pregnant, and tandem nursing.

Lots of mamas here have done it, though sometimes the older child decides to wean on his or her own during pregnancy. Very often the mother's milk either seriously depletes or dries up altogether and some kids nurse through it and some don't. Also sometimes mamas have pain or discomfort when they nurse that may lead them to decide to wean. I think it's good to know ahead of time that is a possibility, just in case that is something you aren't comfortable with happening you might want to wait a bit longer to TTC.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Totally possible. I nursed my older son throughout my pregnancy and now tandem nurse both kids.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language