Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Infant scale recommendations

Default Infant scale recommendations

Can anyone recommend an infant scale, or point me to a good review site?

Default Re: Infant scale recommendations

What are you looking to do with it? If you want to do precise before and after nursing weights on your baby, I suggest contacting a LC and renting a professional scale.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Oh, I just want to weigh my son weekly to track his weight gain. I've read good things about the Salter 914, but seeing much more expensive scales makes me wonder whether the cheaper scales could be accurate.

sometimes the doctors office will let you use theirs for free... Doesn't hurt to ask.
    this might be helpful to you....

http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/lv/l...gsep06p51.html

I am renting the Medela one. If you go to Medela's website, there's a link near the top for 'where to buy/rent'.

if you just want weekly wt gain, you wouldn't need a super sensitive one like Medela's but we used that for before/after wts. I have a Weight Watchers glass scale that goes to .1 of a lb and that might be accurate enough. Ask your doctor about weighing there, though, if you're concerned.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

you could also check to see if there is a breastfeeding clinic nearby. we have a free one at our community hospital and you can drop in anytime to do a weigh-feed-weigh as well as get help from the LC or doctor and chat with other nursing moms. it's a wonderful resource if available where you are
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love