Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Eating a variety of foods?

Default Eating a variety of foods?

I'm worried that my baby isn't eating much of a variety of foods? I guess it doesn't help that I'm kind of a picky eater also. *oops* Although I am trying very hard to eat a variety of foods. I mean, he'll eat spaghetti with sauce and bits of ground beef, bread with butter or jam, bananas, pears, carrots (if I'm lucky), potatoes, bits of chicken and rice, beans, maybe tomatoes if he feels like it and maybe some other fruits that I haven't mentioned yet. He's still breastfed but I would like to wean fairly soon (I'm expecting and due in January).

Are there any ideas on how I can go about maybe getting more of a variety of foods in him? Seeing how much I've listed, it looks like a lot but in reality it doesn't seem like a lot to me lol. Does that make sense? Thanks!

P.S. He'll be 11 months on Thursday the 16th if you would like to know how old he is.
    Story of my life: > >

Hey! I'm a wife and a first-time mother of a darling baby boy

Default Re: Eating a variety of foods?

I know this may sound simplistic, but we make a point of offering a new food every few days. When we make our weekly shopping list, we always add two new foods to it. The change is good for us as well as the kids. Also, remember it is important to offer foods several times to give your LO a chance to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wdsmom View Post
    I know this may sound simplistic, but we make a point of offering a new food every few days. When we make our weekly shopping list, we always add two new foods to it. The change is good for us as well as the kids. Also, remember it is important to offer foods several times to give your LO a chance to like it.
    I think that's an excellent idea! I'm heading to the grocery store today, and I'm going to make a point of adding two new things to my list
    Elizabeth, mama to Lillian - 10/03/10

that's a great advice.

Also, I think it is normal that he's just eating a few things, probably one day he will have a 360° twist and will like something he hated before.

Babies are like us. You wouldn't eat something you don't like, and sometimes when you try it many times, you start liking it .
    Yai

Mamá de Aini 19-09-10 (or, for my English speaking folks: 09-19-10)

Pregúntame sobre pañales de tela Ask me about cloth diapers!