Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work and pumping question

Default Re: Work and pumping question

Quote Originally Posted by MotherInKansas View Post
    I am just to new to this all i guess and waiting till 2 months to deliver probably isnt the best time to find all this sutff out huh? LOL
    THanks
    I'm impressed you are doing your research! I didn't find this site until my LO was 4 months old...I was just flying by the seat of my pants when my ds was born You'll do great!

I'm wondering if the pump you saw for cheap is the *kit* that's used with the Lactina pump. The pump looks like this: http://www.medela.com/NewFiles/pumps_hosp.html#lactina. The kit is the white and yellow parts, and the blue part is the pump itself.

The blue part is the expensive part - usually rents for around $50/mo, or costs $1000+.

The kit - all the white/yellow/clear parts - should sell for $50 or less.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

Quote Originally Posted by MotherInKansas View Post
    My sister just had her baby boy last mondy and she is breastfeeding she is new to it also. she stated t me the other day that she is not pumping cuase it will cuase or to engorge ??? I thought that was part of the reason to pump?
    Your milk supply is regulated by supply and demand. That is, your body will learn to make enough milk for your baby. The only way for your body to know how much milk to make is for your baby to nurse, and you not to pump. Once nursing is established, and baby is nursing well, you can start practicing pumping for when you go back to work.

So, your sister is doing the right thing by not pumping right now. She's helping her body learn how much milk her particular baby needs, so that her body will make enough milk for her baby, but she won't necessarily have too much.

Oversupply is just as much of a problem to fix as under-supply.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!