Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Achy breast pain?

Default Achy breast pain?

Not sure what this is. After nursing I get these achy sometimes sharp pains in my breast. What could this be?

Default Re: Achy breast pain?

I get that too. I am getting irritated with pain - pain after feeding, pain when latching, pain from bad latch, pain from yeast infection in the nipples...GRR!!! The worst for me, and this is kind of funny, is when I get cold. You know what happens to your nipples when you get cold. Good lord that happened to me today and I thought my boobs were going to fall off.

Not to make light of your pain. Believe me Sarah - I feel it too. But hey, maybe we'll look back on this when our babies are a few months old, and we'll laugh because everything will be so much better and this will be a distant memory. One can only hope, right??

It could be your breasts "refilling." I got sharp pains in my breasts after nursing for probably the first 3 months, but then it went away. I don't know where I read about that, but if I find the info, I'll post the link. The other, less benign possibilities are thrush, mastitis, a bad latch or vasospasm

Hopefully it's not the latter!

If you post some more info about what you're feeling, I'm sure you'll get lots of really good feedback and help.

HTH!

Debi OMG that happens to me too when I get cold. OUCH! Yeah I don't know what is up, I am hoping it isn't Thrush again! I don't have the burning pain that I did when I had it. Argh who knows! LOL

i agree about cold nipples...arrrgh....i was told by my LC that sharp pains deep in the breast after feeding is a sign of thrush in the milk ducts...just to let ya know...

So weird! I am not having it at all today! If it starts again I am calling my Gyn.