Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightwean 2011

Default Re: Nightwean 2011

You've inspired me to really start trying to night wean DS (almost 27 months).
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

wow and here i thought night weaning wa easy when they were tha old... congrats mama keep us posted!

Update on nights two and three of mission Nightwean 2011.

I feel that its also easier if I don't let him fall asleep on the boob anymore, rather we nurse for a while and I talk to him and keep the light on, etc. and then when he's about to fall asleep, I detach him and just snugggle him to sleep. He was reluctant at first, but he seems to be ok now. I think this helps with the whole not nursing back to sleep in the middle of the night, which is what nightweaning is for us.

Anyway, the last two nights have gone shockingly well (knock on wood). He has slept and only woken up once and I say "no, its night-night, no milk after night-night", and he snuggles and goes back to sleep.

I was super anxious about nightweaning, but now I'm so happy I am doing this. Mama is going to be much happier and with a new baby coming in November, I need to rest up so I'll be ready to not sleep again for two years!
    JKM 7/28/09 10 lbs, 22.5 inches still nursing at least twice a day (more if I would let him!)

FDM 11/16/11 8 lbs 15 oz, 20.25 inches EBF

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jkmmama View Post
    I was super anxious about nightweaning, but now I'm so happy I am doing this. Mama is going to be much happier and with a new baby coming in November, I need to rest up so I'll be ready to not sleep again for two years!
    This was what got me to do it too. And then I was kind of bitter that I was getting to sleep for 4 months only before the baby was born and she actually started STTN. My DH goes to her if she wakes at night now, but she usually only wakes up once or not at all. And the baby is now permalatched all night at 5 months old thanks to those teeth.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Update:
    3 weeks later we are nightweaned. Probably could have considered it a success sooner, but I didn't want to jinx it. He now understands no milk after night-night and pretty much sleeps through the night. I think he's having some bad dreams sometimes as he wakes up angry and is hard to settle back down but does so without nursing!
    woohoo
    JKM 7/28/09 10 lbs, 22.5 inches still nursing at least twice a day (more if I would let him!)

FDM 11/16/11 8 lbs 15 oz, 20.25 inches EBF