Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milk blister/bleb

Default Re: Milk blister/bleb

I got out of the shower this morning and the bleb, which has been quite painful lately, looked like a whitehead and finally on the surface. I stuck a pin in it and squeezed and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Okay, that's exaggerated, but I love popping. It just kept going and it was sort of hard. I nursed D a few minutes later and when he unlatched there was even more to squeeze out. It feels so much better already.

What should I do now? I don't want an infection but I also don't want to use anything D can't eat.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Ok, so I've had this bleb prob for as long as this person.. all I want to know is HOW TO squeeze the bleb out!!! It's been stuck there for 5months now.. I've lifted the skin, I've soaked, I've done it all.. it always comes back! the one thing I haven't done is the "grit-your-teeth- and-squeeze! please provide detailed directions!!!

I've tried to squeeze it, but it seems lodged in and i'm not sure if it's ok to squeeze thru the discomfort.. DO TELL!!! help!!!!

I've been ignoring it until every 2 weeks it creates a congestion where I back up.. then I do what I do.. poke, heat, it opens til it's clear for a few weeks, then repeat!!! oi! I'm sooo done withthis..

If i can't get it out i wonder if they can remove it surgically... anyone ever heard of this???

TIA! I hope my more experienced bleb-dealing mommas can help a sistah out!!!
    Lisabee

I still squeeze it out almost daily to not let it get blocked up again. But it took months for me to get it open to begin with. Once it did, I made sure it didn't close back up. Have you been able to pop it at all?
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn