Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wearing bra to bed?

Default Re: Wearing bra to bed?

I still have to wear a padded bra to bed and ds is 7 months old otherwise I wake up to a soaked bed.

May be TMI- but I just sleep topless on absorbent towels! It's comfortable and lets them air out, which is good for preventing yeast overgrowth. It's worth trying- but be warned, if you have an oversupply or OALD, sometimes you'll soak the top of your blanket

Yeah, I still wear my sleep bra or these camisole-ish nursing shirts I got from motherhood that are too ugly to go out in. DD is nearing 7 mos, and I still leak like mad. Plus, it's getting cold, and I want to wear something, but still have an easy time nursing.

[RANT]
    Y'know, you'd think that a company that made nursing bras would realize that women's boobs get BIG during this time and make their bras accordingly. I have only found one 32DD/E that fits right. Apparently, most companies only make 36 and above, and on the rare occasion that they have 32s, 34s and smaller, they only go up to a C cup. Grr. I guess little gals don't nurse, huh
    [/RANT]

Quote Originally Posted by Evin View Post
    [RANT]
    Y'know, you'd think that a company that made nursing bras would realize that women's boobs get BIG during this time and make their bras accordingly. I have only found one 32DD/E that fits right. Apparently, most companies only make 36 and above, and on the rare occasion that they have 32s, 34s and smaller, they only go up to a C cup. Grr. I guess little gals don't nurse, huh
    [/RANT]
    My sentiments exactly!!! The only cup size I can find that fits is WAY to BIG around!! Even why I wasn't prego or nursing I have this problem!! Like just becaue my boobs are big doesn't mean my ribcage is!!! WE should go into the bra making business!

For day time bras (not sleeping bras) I got so fed up tryng to find nursing bras that I like that provide enough support (currently 36DD) that I ended up getting standard bras custom converted to nursing bras! It turns out that one of the lingerie boutiques where I live will convert (for free!) pretty much any bra to nursing by adding a clip on the strap between the top of the cup and the main part of the strap and adding a little diagonal elastic from the inside outer edge of the cup to the shoulder strap. I'm SO much happier now.