Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing bra to bed?

Default Wearing bra to bed?

How long are you supposed to wear a bra to bed? My son is 3 weeks old, and I am still wearing my bra to bed. I guess I'm not sure if you are supposed to wear it the whole time you nurse, or when you usually stop wearing it at night.

Default Re: Wearing bra to bed?

Last night I slept with out it - it was the first time. My LC advised to not sleep with it b/c I have a painful plugged duct. I have to say, I did not leak all over the place like I thought I would. DD was cluster feeding before bed, so I think she drank me dry. But, honestly, it felt good to not be restricted in that sense and the 2 AM & 4:30 AM feedings were a little easier without having to fumble with the bra.

Maybe not the answer you wanted, but my DD will be 3 weeks tomorrow and for me, the bra-less nights will be the way to go.

Good luck!!

* edited for spelling

I just stopped wearing my bra to bed, and my daughter is 8 months old!!! But, I have a huge supply, and frequent let downs, so it was necessary if I wanted to keep dry at night. Now, I only leak while she is nursing, or if it's been several hours since the last feeding. I'd say that as long as you don't have any issue with plugged ducts and such, it's up to you.

Jenn

I wore a bra to bed the first couple of nights but it drove me crazy...Now i just sleep in my underwear (sorry tmi) but it makes those nighttime nurses way easier!! As far as leaking...I just don't care...maybe thats bad?

They sell things called "sleep bras" but I found that I really like to sleep in the nursing camisoles that I got from Target. It has a built in nursing bra, it's comfortable, you can wear it alone or with a shirt or jacket on top of it, etc. I wear them all day, every day. Not really constricting or anything but supportive and hold nursing pads in place so no embarassment. And when I lift my shirt to nurse, the bottom of the camisole/tank is still covering my belly, so that's nice, since it's getting colder and all.

The sleep bras are the best!!! They give you easy access w/out being restrictive or binding. Their sole purpose is to hold pads in place so you don't leak!! I stopped wearing one every night around 8months. (And not give a peep show when walking around if you wear a nursing nightie!!)

Yah...I have big boobs too! In fact part of the reason I don't wear a bra is because I can't find one comfortable enough to sleep in!! All the nursing bras I have are crap! I bought some at Target, pea in the pod and motherhood maternity...my boobs are just too big for them! During the day I just wear a normal bra and pull the strap down to nurse (or I just take the whole thing off). I save nursing bras for when we go out and I know I will have to bf.

Quote Originally Posted by wyattsmama View Post
    Yah...I have big boobs too! In fact part of the reason I don't wear a bra is because I can't find one comfortable enough to sleep in!! All the nursing bras I have are crap! I bought some at Target, pea in the pod and motherhood maternity...my boobs are just too big for them! During the day I just wear a normal bra and pull the strap down to nurse (or I just take the whole thing off). I save nursing bras for when we go out and I know I will have to bf.
    I must have the same crappy ones I got mine at mother hood maternity. The ones for $12 I'm a 40E and they worked for me...do your boobs not fit in them? because they didn't offer any support at all but I didn't think they they were supposed to?? I only used them to hold in the pads so as not to leak. Your boobs are to big for that? Or do you want a night time bra to do something else?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom View Post
    I must have the same crappy ones I got mine at mother hood maternity. The ones for $12 I'm a 40E and they worked for me...do your boobs not fit in them? because they didn't offer any support at all but I didn't think they they were supposed to?? I only used them to hold in the pads so as not to leak. Your boobs are to big for that? Or do you want a night time bra to do something else?
    The one I bought has almost like a loop that goes around your whole boob and my boob hangs out between the flap that comes over and that loop (am I making any sense?). I think it was $16?? Anyway I bought a 38E and the lady at the store said that was the biggest but I would need a 36H!!! WHAT THE... I used to be a D36 or DD36 Maybe I should go bra shopping again...

Quote Originally Posted by wyattsmama View Post
    The one I bought has almost like a loop that goes around your whole boob and my boob hangs out between the flap that comes over and that loop (am I making any sense?). I think it was $16?? Anyway I bought a 38E and the lady at the store said that was the biggest but I would need a 36H!!! WHAT THE... I used to be a D36 or DD36 Maybe I should go bra shopping again...
    AHHH! Mine is an XXL! Makes everything so much easier!