I think we have thrush, but I'm not sure.
DD is 9 mo and has a diaper rash that looks like a bunch of small red circles. Not common for her. She has no other symptoms
My left nipple and areola are on fire! Hurts all the time, is red, swollen and dark pink color. Pain is even worse when bf.
I'm pretty sure this is thrush and I'm so demoralized! I've been looking at other posts and it seems like such a nightmare! I don't want to deal with this for months!
So here are my questions:
1. does it ALWAYS last awhile?
2. if there are no white bumps in dd's mouth does that mean she doesn't have it in her mouth?
3. i'm currently doing vinegar rinse after nursing followed by antifungal cream. and a probiotic (it's phillips colon health don't know if that's a great one)
4. we've suspected a milk allergy in dd so i'm not doing acidophilus, what other probiotics will help with yeast?
5. my pedi didn't say anything about medicine (nystatin or diflucan), should i be taking one now or do i wait until it gets entrenched in us?
6. i have been washing and rinsing things off like crazy! is this helpful? if i get bm on something does it need to be washed immediately?
7. i've read bad things about GSE, and gentian violet seems very potent, are these necessary from the get go?
i really want to nip this before it turns into a long and painful experience! any suggestions would be much appreciated!