Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 7 weeks old and sleeping through the night

Default 7 weeks old and sleeping through the night

Hello!

I have a 7 week old nursing baby who slept through the night last night. He slept from 9:30 pm to about 5:30 am. He typically sleeps 3-5 hours at night, even while co-sleeping. This does not seem normal to me. My first baby did not sleep through the night until 3 months. Is this normal in anyone elses experience or should I be concerned that something is going on? I would appreciate any and all insight! Thanks for reading and have a great rest of the day :-)

Default Re: 7 weeks old and sleeping through the night

I wouldn't worry about it, but I also wouldn't get used to it. My second child would sleep 6-7 hour stretches right off the bat, but it didn't last. It was a big difference from my first child who would barely go 2 hours without waking. They are all different and will have different habits. I didn't worry about my son sleeping long stretches because he would nurse for ages when he woke up so I figured he wasn't missing out on calories. Just keep an eye on the # of wet diapers you are getting (5-6 per day means he's eating enough) and count yourself lucky for the moment.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous